Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Patience IS a virtue??

It is 8:30 pm. I am exhausted. I want to go to bed now and just wait for tomorrow to happen. For some reason, though, I cannot sleep. I lay down, toss, turn, awake, and repeat the cycle over again. The foster system is messing with my head. LOL. I was once told: If you want to make God laugh, tell Him your plans. If this is true, God sure has been getting a kick out of me! I am very good at making plans, lists, and back ups. I am not so good at waiting for someone else's plan to happen for me. Every time my phone rings I think it is CPS calling to let us know we have been matched with a child. And everytime I look down at the caller i.d. I am so very disappointed. This technically means that there are no children that are in need of our services right now, and that however is a Wonderful thing! But my home is ready. I make sure it is perfectly clean every night before I go to bed just in case we get a 3am call. Twice I didn't clean thinking that maybe that would do it! God is laughing! I know these things are in His time. I am truly blessed to even be on the list as it is. I know that our children are out there waiting for us! I just wish they would hurry up and get here. Is is possible to miss someone you haven't even met yet? I sure do! As we practice our nightly routines I think how things will change when the babies arrive. Less privacy, more love. That sounds like a fair trade to me! Thank you Lord for allowing us to be foster parents. Thank you for blessing our home with so much love to share. Please, Lord, keep our babies safe and one day we will meet them.

Good night!

No comments:

Post a Comment