Friday, April 2, 2010

Goodness Gracious Great Yellow Ball

Raising a child with special needs is much like being out on the open seas in the midst of a storm. You never know what is going to happen. I have watched my sweet little boy grow and learn right before my eyes. I have cried and laughed each and every time he has done something new. I have pulled out my cell phone in the middle of Walmart to show some unsuspecting victim the videos of my precious and perfect son attempt to crawl. I am a mommy-monster, and I make absolutely no excuses for it!

Matthew's diagnoses scared me in the beginning. I would be lying if I told you any different. I was worried I would fail as a mother-as his mother. I wake up every morning with the same fear, and then that sweet child of mine looks at me with those perfect brown eyes and smiles when he hears my voice.

This Tuesday Matthew was having vision therapy. He loves Miss Jane as we all do. It never matters how bad of a night we have had, he tries so hard during therapy. This day was no exception. Miss Jane did the usual routine of toys with his usual response of coos. Then we noticed how loose his arms and hands were. Now to some of you what happened next may not be blog-worthy. To us it was billboard-worthy. Miss Jane ever so gently allowed Matthew to feel this little yellow ball. He was slightly intrigued, so she continued. It was at this very moment-this special place in time- that my Matthew held this little yellow ball. (Did I mention he is a genius?!)

I have never been so proud of my son then I was at that moment. He is growing each day. He is processing. He is seeing!! We know Matthew is special. We know that the world will always be at his fingertips. We are blessed to know that through everything he is healthy. Yet, we are praising God that he held a ball!



Why does the neighborhood buck?

1 comment:

  1. he is perfect....and a genisus.....he must take after his Nana......you are a great mommy.....the best....love ya

    ReplyDelete