Thursday, September 16, 2010

Gotcha

A year ago today, my life changed.

A year ago today, I became a mom.

A year ago today, I held my sweet Matthew for the first time.

A year ago today, Matthew came home.
....And what a difference a year makes!!!
The past year has been a whirlwind of doctor visits, medical research, therapies, and knowledge. It has been encompassed with love, snuggles, kisses, and milestones being met.
Every single day is new and exciting. I am reminded every morning when I wake up to the sound of Matthew cooing or playing his version of "peek a boo" with his blanket how blessed I truly am!
It still amazes me looking back at how truly terrified I was to bring Matthew home. The moment our amazing Ba placed Matthew in my arms, my entire world made sense. My heart grew more than I knew it was capable of. I held this little child in my arms and forever in my heart.
In the past 365 days, Matthew has just blossomed! He is growing and learning more each and every day.

Thank you my sweet boy for giving me all of my dreams wrapped up tight in a brown-eyed charmer! Happy "Gotcha-versary" Matthew!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment