Saturday, September 25, 2010

Pageant??

This post is going to be short and sweet:

Today Autumn was in our local pageant.  We had a blast, and we really enjoyed the day.

It did, however, get me thinking:  next year Autumn will be in her chair.  As much as I love pageants, I don't think she will participate because I feel she would be viewed as a "special" case.

So....to all my special needs mommy friends:

What do you guys think about a special needs pageant.  A pageant where the special needs community all gets together and everyone is a winner.  A title for all participants, where we can have a lot of fun.

I am still trying to get a "feel" for this, so I'm not sure what is going to be done.  Please be honest with me and send me LOTS of feedback :)

What I am thinking of so far:

*no entry fee
*everyone wins
*fun categories


This is an aspect of society we as special needs parents have not yet entered(to my knowledge.)

I really hope to hear from you guys soon, to see what you all think.

Feel free to email me as well: thefoughts@yahoo.com

1 comment:

  1. That sounds like such a great idea! I think the part of the idea that I like the best is that everyone wins something! That way, no one feels like they aren't just the most perfect little child in the world!

    ReplyDelete