Tuesday, September 28, 2010

What A Difference A Year Makes

A year ago today, our sweet Autumn graced the world with her presence.




She was a fighter then....

At just about a week old!



She is a fighter now!


When we brought Matthew home, our lives were complete.  We were a family.  I knew, though, that I wanted a daughter to share my life with.  I wanted pink, frills, dresses, and barbies.  I had no idea I would be receiving that miracle so soon.


I can honestly say, she is a "mama's girl."  

I have always worried about the attachment with adopted children.  Would they be as attached to us as to their birth parents?  Would they always feels insecure?  Today my question became answered.


Autumn decided to get sick on her 1st birthday of all things!!  Our poor girl has been throwing up since 4:00 pm.  When she is not throwing up she is cranky.  The only thing she has wanted is me!  She wants her mama, and that warms my heart.  I am her mama! 




Happiest birthday ever, sweet princess!  You are truly one of the best presents we have ever received!



5 comments:

  1. yes she is......sorry she is sick on her birthday

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday beautiful girl, sure hope you feel better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. AWWWWWW So touching .... You know its sad my family did'nt even tell me you had a lil girl I only knew about Mathew .... i anit been on the comp much till i finally got my own and no one told me ..... but im glad to see that smile on both of ya faces god bless ya'll

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aww, how cute!! She is such a sweety! I hope that she begins to feel better soon! No one likes a sick girly!

    ReplyDelete
  5. As an adopted daughter, I can promise you that you ARE her parents in every possible way. I'm glad you know that now, too.

    So sorry she was sick on her bday! Chloe was sick on her last bday too. No fun!

    ReplyDelete