Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Day to Day

I thought I would share with you all my day!  Enjoy!!

5:00 AM    Autumn wakes up again having night terrors.  We snuggle her with us, which does not seem to be
                  what she wants.

6:30 AM   The alarm starts going off, but I snooze-attack it for a few (or thirty) more minutes.

6:35 AM    Matthew decides his alarm is going off as well, so we all pile into our bed and snuggle.

7:05 AM    Someone needs a diaper change~~And we are awake!

7:10 AM     Matthew is getting his blood sugar checked by Daddy while I make his four morning meds along
                 with his morning bottle.

7:15 AM    Autumn decides she can wait NO longer for breakfast, so in the high chair she goes with *gasp*
                  a premade sausage biscuit!

7:20 AM   Matthew recieves his first bottle and morning meds while Mommy and Daddy are praying today
                he won't throw them back up.

7:30 AM   So far no upchuck, so I get to check Matthew's ketones.  For those of you who don't know what
                 this means, I get to "play" with his urine.  Not so glamourous.

8:15 AM    Autumn decides she is done with breakfast by throwing her biscuit at me and laughing.  In the sink
                 for a morning bath she goes.  

8:20 AM   Clean and dressed children playing on the blanket in the living room means Mommy gets her first
                 cup of coffee **First of MANY**

9:00-11:00  AM  Two to three days a week we have a therapy that comes at this time.  If not, then Mommy
                pretends to be said therapist, and fails miserably! 

11:12 AM  Bathroom break for Mommy!

11:30 AM  Autumn goes into her high chair for lunch which usually consists of me trying to feed her
                  applesauce and her spitting it out at me, showing me the new trick her daddy taught her. 

11:35 AM  While Autumn finishes the rest of her lunch, Matthew is given his second feeding of the day. Then
                   his diaper is changed, he is placed on his tummy on his blanket, and usually drifts peacefully off to
                   nap-land.  Then Autumn is due for her second bath of the day, redressed, bottle/cup given, and
                   nap-land takes her away as well.

12:00 PM   Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh~~Nap time.  Mommy can relax now~~Yeah right.  I make beds, do     
                  laundry, wash dishes, set something out for dinner, make phone calls, try to check on Facebook,
                  all the while still not having brushed my hair, eaten solid food (does coffee count?) and am still
                  wearing sweat pants.  I know I know~you are so jealous right now.  

2:00 PM  The children are awake.  Diapers are changed.  At least one of them has left me a wonderful
                 surprise that now requires a trip to the dumpster.  Autumn gets a small snack, while Matthew
                 plays in his little room.

2:30 PM  Autumn is done with her nap, this time she is pegging me with animal crackers and yelling
                Mamamamamamama!  I do love to hear that, though.  Matthew is now screaming his head off in
                protest of his little room.  So into the living room we go to play.

2:34 PM  One of my darling children has given me yet another gift.  This time Autumn decided to undo her
                diaper and now we have it everywhere.  Third bath for Autumn for today, and a new pair of
                clothes.

2:30 - 4:30 PM  I sit on the floor trying to entertain two toddlers.  Not the easiest thing I have ever done.
                          Autumn proves just how courageous she is, and crawls to the entertainment center where
                          she proceeds to pull up on to her knees, look back at me, and then fall backwards.  Bonk
                         on the head!  I kiss her boo boo.

4:30 PM  Matthew gets prepared for his third feeding of the day.  I also give him his afternoon meds.
                Autumn is rubbing her eyes, so back down for a small nap she goes. 

5:00 PM  I try to start dinner.  Given this day, my husband and I will eat a gourmet meal of sandwiches! 

6:00 PM  Dinner is served, at least for me and Autumn.  She plays with her food, and eats most of mine.
               Matthew swings in his swing and coos at his sister making funny noises.  Life is grand.

6:30 PM  I check Matthew's blood sugar again.  This time it ticks him off.

7:00 PM  Bath time starts.  Autumn is first.  She plays and scoots around.  We giggle and laugh at the
                bubbles!  Lotion time for her. Matthew gets a bath next.  He loves the water.  Lotion time for his
               as well.           

8:15 PM  Autumn gets her night time snuggles before her bedtime bottle.  Then is off to visit the Sandman for
               her.

8:30 PM  Matthew gets his night time meds and his last feeding for the day.  We place cotton balls in our
                diaper ( I told you it was glamourous.) 

9:00 PM  Daddy is home!!  He rocks Matthew to bed, while I sit down to blog, only to discover that I have
                been wearing two different colored socks today, and surprisingly I have nothing to say.

9:30 Matthew finally falls asleep.  I shower and fold laundry.  My bed is defianly calling my name now.

10:00 PM  I check facebook, catch up on blogs, make a to do list for the next day, and maybe read a little.

10:45 PM  I have fallen asleep reading and now have a page of my book stuck to my check. 

11:00 PM  Matthew wakes up for the first time tonight.  He wants to be put on his belly.  He dozes off pretty
                   quickly.

11: 20  PM  He wakes up again.  This time its not going to be so easy.  We snuggle and rock.

12:00 AM  Matthew goes back to sleep, and now I have to potty!

12:05 AM I crawl back into bed to try and sleep.

12:45 AM  Autumn is having another night terror.

2:00 AM Autumn is finally sleeping soundly.  I crawl in bed and think about what tomorrow will bring.......



Ahhhhhh crap.....Its already tomorrow!

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad you have coffee to help you make it through. It may not be glamorous with the sweat pants and unmatched socks, but it's filled with love. Hope Matthew is having a much better day.

    ReplyDelete