Monday, November 15, 2010

You've Got To Stand For Something

Today
was
Amazing!

I have been waiting for a day like today for a long time.

Our PT brought a stander for Matthew to try out.
Matthew woke up cranky.
Cried all morning.

I was slightly worried....

Then my rockstar of a son pulled out all the stops
and
he
STOOD
Now, please understand, I realize he is standing with the assistance of a stander.  However, here in our world we take all milestones when we can, how we can.
And this, my friends, is a big one!

He did well while our PT adjusted everything.  I paid close attention to how it all worked.
In the back on my head, I assumed he would not be as happy when no one else was here to witness his rockstarness....
I was WRONG.


This evening we put Matthew back into his stander

So far...so good.

Then we traveled into the kitchen.
A place our sweet boy rarely visits due to lack of equipment for him to enjoy helping mommy cook.

He loved it!
So did I!

Worried about tempting fate, but testing the waters anyway, I gave him a toy...

When you have special needs children, especially visually impaired children, toys are not toys
They are generally household items that make a funny noise or have an interesting texture.
Matthew's favorite toy~mylar paper.
He held it.
I'm sorry I don't think you heard me~~~~

HE HELD IT!!
Another milestone reached!

And so..we celebrate!

And don't forget about our diva for a daughter.
Someone forgot to tell her she would not be able to walk.
Here is my bad take at videoing her "walking"






We are lovingly referring to this as
Autumn's  Boogey!
video
Sorry that it is sideways~~~I could not rotate it in any program :( 





2 comments:

  1. I love the photos of your little guy in the stander. Little milesones are HUGE. Mylar paper is our favorite toy too!

    ReplyDelete