Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Change

I always start a new year with a plan.

This year has already proved to be no different.

There are many goals I want accomplished before 2012 arrives.

Panic is already setting in.

I know, I am a little crazy.  I have accepted that fact.

Moving on .....


This year I want to do something!  I don't contribute financially to the household.  I am proudly a stay at home mommy.  Its the best job in the world.  I am proud of what I accomplish every day.  I ranked high score at diaper changing times just yesterday.  I am pretty good at running from one end of the house to the other without tripping over toys. 

Yet, somehow, I want more added to my already overflowing plate.

I have dreams and aspirations.  
There are a million things I want to do. 
There are several things I think I could do.  
There is no time to do any of them.

So 2011 is bringing change to our very structured and organized home.  I have not yet decided on what I am going to do, or how I plan on doing said change...but its a'coming!

I am hoping you dear blogger friends can help!

Two of my personal loves are writing and photography.

Writing a blog has been hard enough to keep up with, so I am slightly nervous about attempting anything else.

Taking pictures seems so easy when your muses are cute and cuddly, but how do you cut it in the real world?


What are your opinions?

Any?

Don't quit my day job?

On a very serious note, 2011 will also bring education.  As a family we are participating in any and all volunteer opportunities available.  Our first big project is the 2011 Epilepsy Stroll.  It will be our first walk as a family.  We are so excited about instilling in our children pride in themselves.  We are hard at work on raising money.  Every penny counts!  Matthew's Entourage will walk proud this year.  

2011 is also bringing remodeling to our humble abode.  Our bathroom will be the first of, I am assuming, many DIY projects.  This one, however, I am very excited about.  This will be the first renovation done for our children. 

1 comment:

  1. I love getting involved as a family with a cause... My little family does the Memory Walk for Alzheimers (we have a close friend who is effect by this disease)... I think it's wonderful to get the kiddos involved!!
    Good luck with all of your plans and goals this year... if you are passionate about something, it will show and attract other people... You may even try to put two or three things together... You passionate about children with "disabilities" and making sure their voices are heard... maybe there is a way you can tie that in with photography... REally make a statement for these kiddos... I"m sure you could find other parents that would like to get involved and help you with a project... I don't know, first idea that came to mind =) Good luck!

    ReplyDelete