Monday, January 24, 2011

Habit Forming

They say it takes 21 days to make a habit

*****************************

In that case, I am habitually a runner!

I have been running for 22 days, and I feel great.  My pants are feeling a bit looser.  My belly looks a bit smaller.  My head thinks I am making all of this up!  But I am running.

Every morning I wake up and start the day.  I am, sadly, not a runner who can rush out the door before anyone wakes up.  Around 3:00 am, Matthew wakes up on cue and decides loudly he wants to snuggle us.  We, being the tired parents we are, give in.  

I know, I know.  Please feel free to rush down to the comment box and tell me all about how unhealthy this is.
Or you can come see the biggest grin from the cutest little guy at 3:00 am tomorrow morning, and lets see if you cave!

I digress...


Our morning routine takes a while, so 10:00 am is mommy time.  I tie my shoes.  I charge my ipod.  I check and make sure there is no toilet paper attached to me.  I run. 


The sharp wind and cold air has made running a bit more of a challenge.  Not necessarily physically, but mentally the warm embrace that is my house calls to my frozen cheeks when I step outside.  But I run. 


Armed with loud, fast music I am running. I am starting to care less and less about what people think of me.  I was even able to recruit my husband this weekend.  By the way, he was a total rock star and kept up the pace.


I hope they are right about 21 days. 

2 comments:

  1. Keep up the good work, Sweetie... That's awesome... Maybe you will inspire me to run :) Love ya, Aunt Denise <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. GIRL!!!!! You totally rock my world!!!!!!!! AWESOME! I'm WAY proud of you!!!
    and you made me LOL about the "rushing to the comment section" about Matthew"s 3AM snuggle time, which, by the way, I think is cute ;)
    Keep at it girl!!! You're my inspiration! Oh, no!!! Now I'll be singing that song all day!!! GEEEEEZZZZZZ

    ReplyDelete