Monday, January 10, 2011

Potty Party

Due to Autumn's needs, she requires help going to the potty. 

I know, I know, way too much information.  Please feel free to quit reading now, but I promise super cute pictures at the end!



Autumn take a laxative type medication everyday, and she gets an Enemeez in the afternoon.  An Enemeez is very much a baby enema. Believe me when I say the name fits this medicaiton.  It is awful.  It burns her tummy.  We recently we able to try Enemeez with Lidocaine, but that did not help either.  She screams the entire 30 - 45 minutes until she finally uses the potty.  We were at wits end!


Until....


We decided to try putting her on her lil potty. 


I wish I could take credit for this life changing choice, but alas, it was not me.  Our amazing OT and Matthew's nurse are the ones that mentioned it.  I was too preoccupied with not wanting to push her further than she needed. 


I was indeed wrong!

Today was day 6 of our potty adventure!  Autumn is doing amazingly!  She fusses for just a few moments, and then our little potty plays a tune signaling we have completed the task at hand.

I have no intention on potty-training at such a young age.

But.....

If our sweet girl wants to prove otherwise, fine by me!

1 comment:

  1. It's not really up to you when they potty train. Price started on his own at 17 months but gave up and just picked it up again a few months ago. If she is ready and liking it then yay Diva, ready or not y'all are potty training. Lol

    ReplyDelete