Friday, April 1, 2011

Sugar and Spice and Everything Nice

...Is NOT what this little girl is made of!!

I prayed for a little girl for as long as I can remember.  God blessed us with this tiny, perfect bundle of sweetness. 

Rosy cheeks and all

However though she has all the working parts of a twirly girly girl, Autumn is not.

She prefers tonkas over twirls and dirt over dresses.
She is rough and tumble.

Hair bows repulse her, and my heart breaks!

I yearn for the day she will allow me to braid her beautiful hair and adorn her with a perfectly matching bow.  Even if the occasion is karate class or softball practice.

Still there is a room in my home that is my own personal Wonderland.  It has all the fixings of a perfectly girly room.

Would you like a tour?

Girly Twirly Bedding






Seriously pink and yellow!


Bows and pink and butterflies oh my

Have you ever seen anything sweeter?




 A Closet Full of PINK



My favorite :)



Tutus Galore 



 This scent smells like "Green" to me...perfect for her room!



Would you believe I was fast enough to take this picture?  The bows came out just moments after.

Autumn truly goes to the beat of her own drum, and we support her unique style and celebrate her independence.  Maybe one day she will let me dress her in pink without a fight and braid her hair.  Until then, I will go and sit in my own personal Wonderland.  Isn't it just lovely??

2 comments:

  1. I love this! Every child is different. Hailey wants to play football and go fishing with Daddy. Jaime will not leave the house without a skirt or tutu on. You get what God gives you and you praise Him anyway!

    ReplyDelete
  2. She sounds like my kind of girl! The ones that like glitter and other sparkly things scare me! Good thing she's so adorable, bows or no bows!

    ReplyDelete