Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Hello...Have You Missed Us?

Hello blogging friends!


Did you miss us?


After my last post, I took some time to think.  I needed to understand this new reality we are in better.  I needed to deal with it.  It wasn't pretty.  It wasn't fun.  It wasn't worth sharing.


We may live in a new reality, but no diagnosis or prognosis can define our children. 


As a family, we vowed to never take our days for granted.  We wanted to make memories out of each and every day.  What better way to do that than with a....

Fought Family Summer 2011 Bucket List!

We created this list and hung it in our dining room.  Every day we are reminded of all the things we want to accomplish before summer is over.  It is a beautiful symbol of making memories!

Our bucket list for this summer include:

Morgan's Wonderland
Sea World
The Dallas Aquarium
Sensory Boxes
Family Pictures
S'mores
Swimming
Making our own bubbles
Making new crafts
Camping
Learning new signs
Fizzy Sidewalk Chalk

And much much more...

We have already been lucky enough to cross a few things off our list.

Over the past weeks, I have indulged in my very own pity party.  I grew silent and sullen.  I wasn't sure how to react when people approached us about our situation. 

Then something amazing happened....I looked up from my own personal pity party adorned with pity party hats and pity party favors and I realized how blessed we truly are.

I am saddened that I was taking this all for granted.  We have had friends hold our hands and share in our troubles.  We have had emails of support and encouragement.  We have felt love from all over the world because of such a little blog.  I am truly blessed by each and every one of you, my blogger readers.

I cannot promise I won't have a few petite pity parties, but for the most part we have found a huge silver lining in this grey world...

Matthew has beat every odd given to him since the day he was born.  It is me, his mother, that allowed this new prognosis to overshadow my beautiful boy.  Instead of crying over the medical information, we are praying for our very own miracle.  No matter how big or small, every day with our sweet lil guy is a miracle. 

So I hope you welcome me back dear readers.  How I have missed you so!!!!

4 comments:

  1. Welcome back! I've thought of you often and am happy to be reading about your family again! Thinking of you...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome back! Sometime we have to have pity parties so that we can truely see what we have! Praying for you all!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think your "pity party" was more than due. You and your family are awesome and you are loved by many.
    Jeannette

    ReplyDelete
  4. I saw your mom the other day and we visited about you and your sweet boy. I told her you are a saint and a beautiful mommy! Praying!

    ReplyDelete