Monday, April 23, 2012

Where Does the Time Go

Sometimes my inspiration comes from the strangest places.

Just like today...

As we are sitting down for breakfast, Autumn is once again refusing to eat.  This is a battle we have fought for a while, and I am speculating we will be fighting a while longer. 

We are arguing.  I am losing.

And at just the moment when I am about to accept my condolence prize, Autumn announces "Mommy, twoooo bites!"  While saying this, she holds up the accurate number of fingers!



This may not seem impressive to anyone else.  However, we are currently working on counting.  She is a fantastic mimicker.  She occasionally will start counting by herself, though those moments are few and far between and always begin with 8, 9, and 10.

But today, today she held up her two fingers.  She announced she was going to eat two more bites.  She then indulged herself with the remainder of her cereal. 


I may be proud of her counting abilities, but who am I to keep her from finishing her breakfast!

These moments are happening more and more.

She is growing right before our eyes.

Yesterday she spent the afternoon outside helping her daddy work on his truck.  When it was break time, she sat in a big girl chair alone and enjoyed herself her very first sonic drink (that was not otherwise poured into a sippy cup).

And I think my heart broke just a little.  

When did the time go by so fast. 

Her language skills are developing quickly as well. 

She is now forming sentences.  She engages in conversation, though her side is mostly excited exclamations and giggles.

When being told to finish a task, her response has become "Okay Mom."

Okay, I will admit, the "mom" portion of that sentence totally breaks my heart.  I am still occasionally "mommy" but with a big girl comes more grown up words, like "mom."

And her new favorite word(s) to describe something are "cute" and "super cute."

Yep, our toilet is not officially super cute!

This week will mark two years since Autumn came home.  That means that on Saturday she will exactly two and a half years old!
April 25, 2010

April 15, 2012


I wish she could stay little.  I wish she would always be mommy's little girl.

However, watching her grow is one of my absolute favorite things to do!

Happy Monday blogger buddies!

No comments:

Post a Comment